During this COVID-19 pandemic, cleaning up and sanitizing are more essential than ever. Most people are familiar with necessary measures such as washing hands and avoiding touching your face.
One way of protecting against the virus causing this infection is by using the best sanitizing solution for kitchen. You can use it on regularly-touched surfaces like countertops, doorknobs, sinks, and even light switches.
It is essential to keep the kitchen clean and free from germs. Keep the kitchen as hygienic as you can by disinfecting. Disinfecting your kitchen frequently should be an important part of the housekeeping routine.
Wrong clean up of cooking areas will leave you prone to hazardous bacteria such as E Coli and salmonella. You should, therefore, clean the kitchen every time you prepare your meals. In addition, you should do a thorough and complete clean up each week.
Hazardous bacteria will multiply fast in your house. This might place your loved ones at a greater risk of infection or sickness. Because of that, you should know how disinfectants play an important role in continuing the endeavor of keeping our houses free from germ and clean.
Unlike other cleaners used in the house, made to get rid of stains, grease, and dirt, disinfectants eliminate disease-carrying microorganisms on site.
You can get disinfectant products as sprays to treat large areas, convenient wipes on the move applications, and liquids that you can dilute or apply to surfaces (via brushes, mops, and sponges).
- 1 What is a disinfectant?
- 1.1 Things to disinfect in the kitchen include:
- 1.2 Characteristics of the best sanitizing agents you can use in the kitchen
- 2 Product Review of the Best Disinfectants
- 2.1 Professional Disinfecting Mildew, Virus & Mold Killer – Cleans & Deodorizes, Lemon Scent by EcoClean Solutions (1 Gallon Super Concentrate)
- 2.2 1 X Steramine Quaternary Sanitizing Tablets – 150 Sanitizer Tablets per Bottle
- 2.3 Ozium OZIUMKIT1 Air Sanitizer 8 Oz. Spray
- 2.4 4.PURELL Foodservice Surface Sanitizer Spray, Fragrance Free, 32 fl oz Capped Bottle with Trigger Sprayer – 3341-06
What is a disinfectant?
Not all cleaning products come with disinfectant properties, and not all disinfectants are made to clean. Unless a cleaner’s label especially states that it eliminates germs, do not assume it does.
Cleaning products created for disinfecting can get rid of unwanted microorganisms from surfaces; however, they might leave dust behind. You likely do not want to think of adding another stage to your normal, clean up regimen.
However, if you’re going to disinfect your house, you need to think about using a dedicated disinfectant (this one has the qualities of the best disinfectant) after you use your cleaner to wipe down surfaces.
Things to disinfect in the kitchen include:
- Appliance handles
- Light switches
- Chair rungs
- Drawer pulls
- Faucet handles
Characteristics of the best sanitizing agents you can use in the kitchen
Most disinfectants end up going down the drains of toilets, tubs, or sinks, so select products guaranteed to be safe once you discharge them into the environment.
Keep away from “greenwashing” cleaners, which allege to be eco-friendly without actually completing their intended work. You should carefully read through the label of the products you intend to buy to determine the truth of such marketing statements.
Because eliminating unpleasant germs is the main part of your regular clean up regimen, you require an affordable cleaner regularly. Get the powerful, most effective product possible at an affordable price.
Safe for people and pets:
Neither the antimicrobial cleaner nor its residue should adversely affect you, your pets, or your loved ones. This is a particularly essential thing to consider if somebody in your family is suffering from asthma or allergies.
Leaves no smell or damage:
You need a product to eliminate germs, not rust faucets beyond recognition, or strip off your kitchen counter’s color. Shop for cleaners compatible with all the surfaces you frequently clean up and look for unwanted smells before you purchase. If a cleaner smells nasty you, you should avoid it.
Active and stable:
These cleaning products need to be stable in both diluted and concentrated forms. Because you can use disinfectants in combination with cleaners, it is essential to select formulas made for compatibility.
You generally have to adhere to a certain clean up procedure for a sanitizer to be effective. Clear instructions should be on the labels, which inform you how to use the disinfectant. This will include how long you should leave it on a surface to kill as many germs as possible. It should also have detailed directions for the right disposal and storage.
Using hot water or hear to sanitize
Few choices remain when it comes to using hot water to disinfect dishes. The best technique is to place them into a dishwasher and use the “sanitize” choice. This can expose your dishes to heat that kill bacteria.
However, if you do not have a dishwasher or there’s no sanitizing option, you can do the same process on the stove or the kitchen sink. There are also homemade disinfectants for the kitchen sink. These will make work easier when it comes to sanitizing your sink.
You will need to have rubber-tipped tongs to help take out the dishes, a timer, and a floating thermometer or heat-resistant dishwashing gloves.
The minimum temperature that’s recommended for sanitizing dishes id 170°F. This is 40° below water’s boiling point. For this reason, the simplest way of getting water this hot isn’t through the tap, but by using the stove to heat the water.
If you have small dishes and a big soup pot, you can disinfect directly on the stove or in the pot. Or else, plug the drain in a clean sink filled with water, so you have adequate space to maneuver.
Make sure you confirm the temperature with the thermometer to be at least 170°F. Additionally, use the timer to make sure each dish remains in the water for a full thirty seconds.
Remember that not all dishes can withstand high temperatures so be careful to avoid damaging them through excessive heat.
Product Review of the Best Disinfectants
Noting that the prevalence of Covid-19 forced most if not all of us to apply higher hygiene standards, including going beyond simple cleaning to disinfecting, let us sample some of the best and most common disinfectants.
Professional Disinfecting Mildew, Virus & Mold Killer – Cleans & Deodorizes, Lemon Scent by EcoClean Solutions (1 Gallon Super Concentrate)
- COMMERCIAL GRADE DISINFECTANT - Effectively cleans and disinfects hard surfaces, such as Bathrooms, Floors and Walls, Tables and Chairs, Metal and Steel and Porcelain. Industrial strength disinfectant cleaner powers through the worst of messes.
- HIGHLY VERSATILE - The effective cleaning formula against a wide variety of bacteria and viruses, as well as mold and mildew. Ideal for use in Homes, Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Schools, Food Processing Facilities, Food Service Facilities, Transportation Terminals, Office Buildings, Manufacturing Plants, Hotels/Motels, Retail Businesses.
- NON-ABRASIVE - Disinfectant cleaner safe to use on nearly any hard surface. 30 DAY HASSLE FREE MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – We value our customers and we stand behind ALL of our products 100% with no questions asked! If you are not pleased simply call or email us with your order number and we will reimburse you in FULL!
This disinfectant is the most popular in the best mildew and mold cleaning solutions. EcoClean Solutions Professional disinfectant originates from one of the top brands and enjoys the reviews and best reputation from users.
The cleaner can offer the best shield against mold. Additionally, it is perfect for stains, soap scum, mildew, mineral deposits, and much more.
The product is safe on plastic, porcelain, vinyl, fiberglass, acrylic, aluminum, rubber, chrome, PVC, rubber, etc. The cleaner is helpful for the sink, tiles, office, bathtub, warehouse, home, and a lot more.
Furthermore, this cleaner is perfect for outside and inside use. It also has a good and convenient pack, making its handling and use simple. The cleaner features a good-looking cap to make sure the contents inside are intact, and it does not spill.
It offers easy handling thanks to its ergonomic design, while the nice capacity helps cover a huge area. The cleaner features a high concentration to let you have more volume.
Its one-gallon pack can cover a huge area and work quickly, thanks to its active ingredients. The product features no hazardous compounds and is not likely to lead to any allergic reactions or side effects.
- No hazardous compounds that can affect you negatively
- You can cover a big area thanks to the 1-gallon pack
- Suitable for outdoor and indoor usage
- The good-looking cap will help keep your food items inside and prevent spillage
- Safe and effective on plastic, chrome, PVC, acrylic, aluminum, rubber, vinyl, porcelain, fiberglass, glass, etc.
- It gets rid of stains, soap scum, mildew, mineral deposits, and more.
1 X Steramine Quaternary Sanitizing Tablets – 150 Sanitizer Tablets per Bottle
- NOTE : The date printed on the product is the manufacture date. Item does not have expiry date.
- 1 Bottle of 150 Steramine Sanitizing Tablets
- 1 Tablet per gallon of water - Makes 150 gallons of cleaning solution
With each bottle having 150 tablets, the Steramine Quaternary Sanitizing Tablets works miracles when you’re doing the dishes, laundry, or merely sanitizing and cleaning up the different surfaces around the house.
User-friendly, you can dissolve these tablets in water to create an efficient clean up agent. Used in different industries, they feature commercial strength, which you can use in the house too.
It doesn’t irritate the skin; it is non-corrosive and free from smell. In addition, you can apply using a sponge or clean cloth. This product will work great in bathrooms and kitchens.
You can spray it on cutting boards, fridges, countertops, food processing equipment, stovetops, cabinets, sinks, and all other surfaces and non-porous articles.
- Each bottle has 150 tablets
- Helpful tablets will get rid of the handling and storage of heavy sanitizing solutions
- The tablets dissolve in water to produce a pale, unique, clear sanitizer
- It sanitizes equipment and food contact surfaces
Ozium OZIUMKIT1 Air Sanitizer 8 Oz. Spray
- Effectively Eliminates Bad Odors Anywhere it's Sprayed
- Releases a Pleasant Fragrance that Kills Odor-Causing Bacteria
- Converts Smoke Particles Into Clean Fresh Air
This product is clinically proven to get rid of unpleasant smells instead of covering them up. It is the ideal solution to all sanitizing issues that might take place in the workplace, at home, or in vehicles.
Ozium OZIUMKIT1 Air Sanitizer doesn’t mask nasty odors; however, it gets rid of them totally. The product is effective in minimizing virus germs and airborne bacteria. It will work best on smoke and other nasty smells.
- It will change smoke particles into fresh, clean air
- Releases a nice scent that eliminates smell-causing bacteria
- It will effectively get rid of nasty smalls anywhere you spray it
4.PURELL Foodservice Surface Sanitizer Spray, Fragrance Free, 32 fl oz Capped Bottle with Trigger Sprayer – 3341-06
- One-step sanitizer offers powerful germ-kill without harsh chemicals to provide a better overall experience for guests
- Kills 99.9 percent of viruses and bacteria – including norovirus, E. coli, Salmonella, and human coronavirus in just 30 seconds
- Proven on most hard and soft surfaces, and can be used on food-contact surfaces with no rinse required
PURELL Foodservice Surface Sanitizer Spray is a strong germ eliminating formula that kills Salmonella, E, coli, and Norovirus in thirty seconds. It also works on food contact surfaces without the need for rinsing water.
Perfect for use on the front of home tables and food preparation surfaces, the product features no fumes and harsh chemicals.
The surfaces in your house will be disinfected, clean, and with no sticky residue thanks to the PURELL Foodservice Surface Sanitizer Spray. It will eliminate similar viruses, and thus you can use it against SARS-CoV-2.
This is possible if you use this product in line with the instructions for use against Hepatitis A Virus on non-porous, hard surfaces.
- It works across soft and hard surfaces in homes and professional kitchens
- Doesn’t have harsh chemicals – No handwashing, no preventive measures needed after usage
- Fast kill time; Eliminates Hepatitis A Virus in one hour. Gets rid of E. Coli, Salmonella, and Norovirus in half an hour
- One-step cleaner and sanitizer; you don’t have to rinse after using it on food contact surfaces