The air we breathe has allergens, dust, smoke and pet dander.
These contaminants deteriorate air quality and cause lots of issues especially for those suffering from respiratory problems and allergies.
- 1 Product Review of Air Purifiers
- 1.1 LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Allergies and Pets Hair, Smokers, True HEPA Filter, Vista 200
- 1.2 Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air, Quiet 22 inch 3-in-1 AC4825
- 1.3 Pure Enrichment PureZone Air Purifier 3-in-1 True HEPA Filter with UV-C Sanitizer
- 1.4 LEVOIT Smart WiFi Air Purifier for Home Large Room with True HEPA Filter, LV-PUR131S
- 1.5 Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier, Extra-Large Room, Black
- 1.6 Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA, PlasmaWave and Odor Reducing Washable AOC Carbon Filter
- 1.7 Choosing the best home air purifiers
- 1.8 Who requires an air purifier and what are the advantages?
- 1.8.1 Asthmatic individuals
- 1.8.2 Persons who are prone to allergies
- 1.8.3 Healthy living fans
- 1.8.4 People residing in small rooms
- 1.8.5 People living with or near smokers
- 1.8.6 Preventing other severe illnesses from occurring
- 1.8.7 Eliminating nasty odors
- 1.8.8 Prevents respiratory stress caused by allergies
- 1.8.9 Eliminating of pollen particles that cause hay fever
- 1.9 Do air purifiers work?
- 1.10 Maintenance guidelines of air purifiers
- 1.11 Limitations of air purifiers
The best air purifiers are gadgets that take in air from the house and then pass it via some small filters before releasing better quality air.
After that, the filters help in capturing all the bacteria, germs and other contaminants. That considerably enhances air quality indoors, helping to keep you safe from all possible issues caused by air contaminants.
What is an air purifier?
This is a machine that helps to purify the air by getting rid of pollutants. This leads to much purer and cleaner air in any room where you’ve put this system.
It will be particularly effective for allergy sufferers. The top air purifiers will efficiently get rid of different toxic or chemicals, pollen, dust and pet dander from the air.
Therefore, they can provide an array of advantages for those with allergies or issues with breathing like asthma.
Types of filters
- UV filters
UV-filters, in tandem with HEPA filters, make sure the air you breathe is sterile and hygienic. These filters are mainly used in day-care schools, hospitals, kitchens and labs to reduce the risk of airborne diseases.
- HEPA filters
These will help to get rid of allergens like dust, pollen, dander, mold and animal skin. High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters will eliminate roughly 99.9 percent of all particles.
Activated carbon filters will help in neutralizing food, smokes, chemicals and fume odors by absorbing smells and gases.
HEPA air filters must meet a certain efficiency standard in terms of eliminating particles, the standard being elimination of about 99.9% of the particles.
These filters help to get rid of big particles before the next phase of filtration. By getting rid of the bigger particles, you prevent the more expensive aspects of your filter that deal with smaller particles like the HEPA filters from getting clogged quickly.
- Antibacterial or germicidal filters
These help in eliminating harmful bacteria and germs. A HEPA filter is capable of getting rid of bacteria and viruses.
First things first! This article will start with a product review of the best air purifiers in the market before providing some useful information on how to choose the best air purifier and some useful maintenance tips.
Product Review of Air Purifiers
LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Allergies and Pets Hair, Smokers, True HEPA Filter, Vista 200
- AFFORDABLE & EFFECTIVE: Let the Vista 200 True HEPA Air Purifier meet your needs at an affordable price; Refresh your air using the 3 fan speeds, Sleep Mode, Check Filter Indicator, Display Off Button, and more
- TRAP ALLERGENS: The 3-stage H13 True HEPA filtration system helps you combat dry throats, nightly congestion, allergies, and asthma by trapping at least 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size
- ULTRA-QUIET: No light, little to no noise, just air purification. Sleep soundly while the air purifier works as quietly as 26dB for light sleepers; Sleep Mode automatically dims display lights and reduces noise levels for uninterrupted rest
This LEVOIT Air Purifier is your perfect air cleaner if you have limited funds. It is not an expensive unit; however, it will work perfectly in homes with smokers and pets.
It comes with an efficient and powerful filtration system. This system uses 3-layer technology to get rid of particles from indoor air in phases.
These layers work together to get rid of all types of contaminants, allergens and particles from the unit.
Mold, ash, dander, bacteria, cigarette smoke and pet smells cannot survive the onslaught of the 3-in-one filter system.
This unit comes with a quiet motor as it efficiently and smoothly helps to circulate air. This will allow you to enjoy the advantages of the filter even during the night while asleep.
It will save you on energy expenses, which makes it far cheaper than other air purifier models.
Another advantage of this product is that it comes with an integrated nightlight. This light cannot change hues and features a warm glow, which you’ll find calming at night.
Adults and kids will enjoy the comfort of this warm light as they are sleeping. Additionally, you can turn the light off totally if you like sleeping in darkness.
On its lowest setting, this LEVOIT Air Purifier runs almost silent, letting you sleep easy while delighting in the advantages of air purification.
Even light sleepers and kids can easily rest and not get disturbed by the air purifier system’s noise.
- Ozone free
- Eliminates particles from the air
- Quiet running
- Very energy efficient
- Smoke, smells, allergens, dander, bacteria and dust get eliminated from the air
- Warm color night light and timer
- 3 fan speeds
- Very affordable
- Gets rid of 99.97 percent of allergens
- Outstanding performance
- On the lowest setting, it runs quietly
- Compact and sleek design
- A sturdy body that can survive a fall from a table
- The highest setting produces a lot of noise
- Covers a small area
Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air, Quiet 22 inch 3-in-1 AC4825
- 3-IN-1 AIR PURIFIER FOR HOME - True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- KILLS GERMS - UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS - Pre-filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier is an amazing system that will capture 99.7 percent of all allergens and dust.
It will also kill off airborne germs, mold and bacteria. This product minimizes and gets rid of nasty smells like those from pets and smoking.
Its pre-filter will help to get rid of big particles like lint or hair. This will help in prolonging the lifespan of the HEPA filter. It will help you maximize the most powerful element of the filter.
A helpful light can show you when it’s time for changing the filter, removing the need to guess when it comes to maintaining this system.
For households with kids and germs sensitivity, this incredible unit will offer you relief to their symptoms. For this reason, it will help in preventing your kids from catching airborne illnesses.
This product’s activated charcoal filter will help minimize all types of smells, like the ones from pets, cigarette smoke and cooking. In doing so, it will not only make the air simpler to breathe but also easier smelling.
During the night, this unit will set the lowest fan a quiet operation and won’t disturb even those who are light sleepers.
In a house or office environment, this Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier does the best work to prevent the spread of illness, besides enhancing breathing overall.
- ENERGY STAR certified
- 3 fan speeds
- It eliminates bacteria, viruses and germs
- It will capture 99.97 percent of particles
- Will help in circulating the air in a room 4 times each hour
- Titanium Dioxide and UV-C light for eliminating germs
- 3-in-one filters will operate together to expel pollutants
- Gets rid of dust, smoke and pollen from the air
- Created for rooms of up to 167 square feet
- Operates quietly at night
- Top-quality HEPA filter
- UV-C filter that eliminates bacteria and viruses
- Carbon activated pre-filter is washable
- Not ideal for big spaces
- It cannot filter VOCs (volatile organic compounds) and smoke effectively
Pure Enrichment PureZone Air Purifier 3-in-1 True HEPA Filter with UV-C Sanitizer
- 3-STAGE AIR PURIFICATION: Clean your air from 99.97% of particles dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, and household odors. Stage 1: Pre-filter and activated carbon filter; Stage 2: True HEPA filter; Stage 3: UV-C light
- BUILT-IN UV-C LIGHT: Adds a deeper level of cleanliness by safely eliminating up to 99.9% of viruses and bacteria. (Staphylococcus albus (95.8%), Escherichia coli (96.6%), Aspergillus niger (88.2%), H1N1 (99.9%) independent testing)
- 3 FAN SPEEDS: Use the easy touch-button control panel to find your optimal fan setting with low, medium, and high options
Pure Enrichment PureZone Air Purifier 3-in-1 True HEPA Filter purifies the air in simply a couple of hours. This will certainly make the whole room healthy, comfortable and fresh.
This air purifier comes with a sleek, modern design. It has a three-in-one feature that incorporates an activated carbon filter, HEPA filter and the pre-filter into one. The unit is customizable with regards to offering 3 settings for fan speed.
If you suffer from sinuses, this Pure Enrichment PureZone Air Purifier is the best choice. You’ll not only sleep well the entire night but also breathe easily throughout the day.
Since this unit will purify the air effectively, you’ll get fewer cases of flu or colds in your home. This product is perfect for a house with small kids who are susceptible to germs.
The HEPA filter will capture up to 99.97 percent of smoke, mold, dust, mildew, dander, pollen, and any house smells.
The Pure Enrichment PureZone Air Purifier features UV-C light that removes fungi, bacteria, viruses and other germs. This means it will purify your room for clean, fresh air.
In addition, this machine has an automatic timer that can switch off after two, four, eight hours of constant usage. It also runs very quietly.
- Runs quietly at a 30 decibels noise level
- Energy-saving feature
- Timer settings from two, four, eight hours
- Three-speed settings; low, medium, high
- The HEPA filter and UV-C light technology
- Operates quietly
- The best performance
- Lightweight and compact design
- Eliminates germs and bacteria
- Five-year warranty
- Should change the filter regularly
- Buttons not well illuminated during the night
- The fan is weak, more suitable for small spaces
- Might feature plastic burnt odor the first time you’re using it
LEVOIT Smart WiFi Air Purifier for Home Large Room with True HEPA Filter, LV-PUR131S
- Voice Control: The Levoit Smart True HEPA Air Purifier’s VeSync app works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant; Just give a simple voice command to control your air purifier without lifting a finger; The air purifier works with a stable 2.4GHz network
- Smart Remote Control: Use your smartphone to directly control the air purifier anytime, anywhere; The VeSync app comes with advanced features including air quality monitoring, customized timers and schedules, filter life tracking, and more
- Neutralize Smoke & Odors: The rapid clean air delivery rate and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter work together to quickly neutralize airborne pollutants in your home, adsorbing pet smells, cigarette smoke, and VOCs
You can make use of your smartphone to operate this LEVOIT Smart WiFi Air Purifier from anywhere. It will enable = you to always breathe fresh air when you get back home.
You utilize the VeSync app for controlling the unit to switch off the LED display, set a timer, set a schedule, change the mode, and keep an eye on the quality of air and so on.
- You can filter the air with a 27dB noise level for a calming and relaxing environment inside your house, which helps you to sleep deeply.
- Other than three timer choices of other models, the one to twelve-hour timer range provides you with the flexibility of selecting just how long you would like the unit to run at any provided time and help in saving energy in the process.
- You can make a personalized schedule on APP to help automatically switch on and off the unit regardless of which period, which date or mode.
- The purify speed is 30 percent quicker and the purifying efficiency is 30 percent higher than other regular filters. It is ideal for kitchens, bedrooms, medium and big rooms and family rooms.
- This product will be able to calculate the lifespan of the filter based on the situation of the filter thanks to the smart scientific algorithm, thus help you make savings. You can use the VeSync app to check the filter’s remaining life.
- It is compatible with IFTTT, Google Assistant and Alexa. This helps to power your gadgets without hands-free. With this LEVOIT Smart WiFi Air Purifier, you just need to speak to control the quality of air.
- Very quiet especially on auto mode
- Improves air quality considerably especially for people with allergies
- Works well with Alexa and fairly easy to connect with WiFi
- Durability of some parts is questionable, many incidents of rattling noises from loose parts
- Requires regular change of the filters which are not cheap
- Not all features can be regulated with Alexa
- Not compatible for all internet users
Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier, Extra-Large Room, Black
- EXTRA-LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER – Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier helps provide cleaner, fresher air. Recommended for extra-large rooms (465 sq. feet), HEPA Filtration helps capture up to 99.97% of microscopic airborne particles.
- HELPS REDUCE PARTICLES - This HEPA air purifier has 4 air cleaning levels including Turbo Clean. It helps capture the following microscopic airborne particles: dirt, pollen, pet dander, and smoke.
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION – The Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier filters and circulates air in Extra-large 465 sq. ft. rooms up to 4.8 times an hour.
Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier is ideal for extra-large spaces. For this reason, you can use this product in event spaces and offices.
It will be hard to get an inexpensive model, which is powerful to filter an extra-large room’s air; however, this air purifier can do the job.
This air purifier features HEPA that gets rid of 99.97 percent of dust, germs, dander and bacteria from indoor air. For this reason, everyone in the house will be able to breathe better and avoid airborne diseases.
The product features three settings for cleaning the air. It also has a setting for turbo speed that helps make the filter function at its utmost setting for very powerful and quick air purification.
It’s lower setting uses less energy and makes less noise. If this air purifier begins to make more noise than usual, that will imply it is time to change the filter. This model needs frequent filter changes; thrice each month.
The room’s air will get filtered up to 5 times every hour. For this reason, you’re certain that the system is working properly at getting rid of all types of contaminants and particles from the air inside your home.
The filter system gets rid of particles like smoke, dander and hair as well as eliminating specific types of germs.
The advantage of this product is its efficiency and size. This air purifier will effectively purify the air in a room of nearly 500 square feet. It will help to circulate the air an unbelievable 5 times every hour.
This is the best option for a top-quality filter for a big room or a room that has low energy expenses, quiet operation and gets rid of smoke, smells, dust and dander.
- Designed for big spaces
- You should replace the filter every 3 months
- Has a HEPA filter and Carbon filter.
- Gets rid of allergens from the indoor air
- Eliminates specific germs
- The filter system is easy to replace
- Eliminates 99.97percent of particles
- For rooms up to 500 square feet
- Minimizes smells
- Suitable for big spaces
- Does a good job in purifying the air quality and eliminating allergens
- Considerably quiet especially at lower levels
- Requires regular change of the expensive filters making it costly to run
- Emits an odd smell especially during the first few times of use
Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA, PlasmaWave and Odor Reducing Washable AOC Carbon Filter
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors. Decibels 27.8 dB
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants with no harmful ozone
Whether you want to remove smoke in your house or you suffer from allergies, this Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA can to do that. It is also very affordable.
You can use this Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA in a room with a size of up to 360 sq. ft. It is perfect for living areas, bedrooms and other spaces. It gets rid of almost all kinds of allergens from your house and significantly minimizes smells as well.
If you have trouble at night sleeping due to allergies, you can sleep tight while this air purifier works quietly throughout the night. The fan runs at low noise of 27 decibels (dB), so you can relax serenely and breathe easily.
In addition, integrated smart sensors will detect contaminants in the indoor air. After that, it will activate as necessary to purify your living room, kitchen, or bedroom within a couple of minutes.
This product electrically charges particles in the air indoors, which cause nasty house smells to disappear with the help of PlasmaWave technology.
These particles get absorbed by activated carbon granule within the filter. They will effectively get rid of 99.97 percent of airborne contaminants, which include smoke.
- Features smart sensors for gauging the condition of air in automatic mode
- Doesn’t emit ozone
- Activates carbon filter gets rid of smells
- Has several different modes
- The carbon filter is washable which saves money
- Made to kill harmful chemicals like vapors from glue and paint
- The smart sensors are very sensitive to pollutants or any changes in air quality, including farts
- No noise
- Extremely efficient in getting rid of dust particles, pollen and noticeably improves air quality
- Portable and user friendly
- Expensive to operate
- Big and heavy
- It automatically switches to the much slower sleep mode in a darker room
- The highest level “turbo” is somewhat noisy
Choosing the best home air purifiers
Looking for the right household air purifiers should not be hard, as long as you know what you need to take into consideration before purchasing one.
Consider checking out air purifier reviews online to see what users say about the different models in the market. This will help you know about your preferred option to purchase.
There are lots of choices in the market, so here are some important considerations when shopping for the best air purifiers:
You can get these machines in an array of sizes. Usually, the bigger the room, the bigger the air purifier you’ll require. Look for what size you’ll require to help you select the model that purifies the air of the room you plan to use it in.
Even top-rated models need regular maintenance, mainly in the form of replacing the filter. Consider how often you are planning to use it, since the more you’re using it the more they will need maintenance.
Additionally, some models might feature filters that need cleaning too, while others feature filters that you should replace.
When it comes to price, not only do you have to think about the unit’s actual cost, but you also have to consider the price of running the unit. Between electricity and replacing the filter, air purifiers for homes, do come with constant costs.
Ensure that you determine the amount of money it will cost to run the unit. This is to make sure you select a purifier that will suit your budget.
The best air conditioner does not have to come with lots of extra features, though they can be beneficial for most people. For instance, you might need a unit that offers a sign when to replace the filter or one with a timer.
It might look unimportant; however, you certainly need to take into consideration the amount of noise that the machine generates. While the noise might not be annoying at first, over time, the regular buzzing will become annoying.
There are many designs, which run quietly. The noise factor may be more important depending on where you intend to use the air purifier.
Most likely, you will prefer a quieter air purifier for use in your bedroom and can live with a noisier one in the kitchen.
The top air purifiers are very effective, though most types are lacking in comparison with other models.
The cost regularly determines this, as most cheap purifiers can be less effective than other high-end choices.
For example, a cheap model might just eliminate a small number of contaminants, while the best home air purifiers will get rid of as much as 99 percent.
Who requires an air purifier and what are the advantages?
Here are some uses and advantages of room air purifiers:
Has a continuous asthma attack ever forced you to leave your dinner guests or a party? It’s very stressful and embarrassing. Now, here’s what brings these issues:
- Pollen particles hanging in the environment cause hay fever. They irritate the eyes and will result in a severe asthma attack.
- Mold spores generally flourish in damp and humid places, like bathrooms. Once you inhale them, they will cause a nasty infection in the lungs and respiratory issues.
- Dust in your home is the best place for dust mites, which are the main cause of skin allergies.
A good air purifier will excellently get rid of airborne pollen and dust particles which can greatly reduce particles that increase the risk of asthma attacks.
Persons who are prone to allergies
Most people love pets and that is why people love sharing their houses with them. But pets aggravate allergies. Causes include:
- Pets will leave stains of urine anywhere they go.
- Dogs might bring germs and smells from outside into your home.
- Your cat might leave skin dander in the lounge fabric or the linen in your bed.
Now, if anyone in your house is allergy prone, all these will be distressing and may cause breathing issues. Luckily, the right purifier can get rid of all the allergens.
Healthy living fans
Hazardous microbes and other disease-causing germs generally attach themselves to different home surfaces. This means you’re often at risk since you always come into contact with the surfaces.
If you install an air purifier, your loved one’s exposure to the disease-causing germs is greatly minimized. It is a good preventative measure as opposed to fighting the disease afterwards.
People residing in small rooms
If you like to live in small spaces, then you’ve got to deal with cooking smells from the neighborhood or within your house.
You’re aware how stubborn and difficult it is to get rid of these food odors. Smells like those of onions and spices like curry or foods like eggs and fish will linger long after you have cleaned up.
By installing this filter, you’ll expel cooking smells and make your home smell nice and fresh.
People living with or near smokers
Those who smoke a lot might increase the risk of lung cancer even to those non-smokers who they live with.
It is even worse for chain smokers since in addition to the risk exposure to lung cancer and other diseases, the stale cigarettes smoke in the entire house might cause lots of suffering and discomfort to family members who don’t smoke.
By installing the best air purification system, you’ll get rid of lingering cigarette smoke and improve the safety of everyone living with or near a smoker.
Preventing other severe illnesses from occurring
House surfaces have a wide array of viruses and bacteria that cause illnesses. While some diseases might spread through the air like the common cold, you can catch others when you come into contact with any germ-infested surface.
In addition, places with high humidity and little airflow in your house offer the best environment for bacteria reproduction and growth. These microbes will then bring sickness to you and your loved ones.
Installing an air purifier will make sure air continuously flows from the inside out. This will mean there’s a decreased possibility that bacteria will thrive in the place. This results in a lower risk of you getting illnesses from bacteria and viruses.
Eliminating nasty odors
Everyone has different cooking tastes. Consequently, the smell coming from food can cause different reactions among people.
One man’s meat is another man’s poison. While some love their fish and the residue fish smells, some can barely handle the sight and smell of fish.
While residing in an apartment building, you might not get to select your neighbors nor what they cook. You also cannot avoid the smell of their food from drifting into your home too.
Nasty odors may also come from other sources besides food such as garbage handling, spoilt foods etc. It is important to know how to eliminate kitchen odors.
This can cause you and any guests you are hosting a great amount of discomfort.
Installing an air purifier will make sure that these odors get removed once they enter your house, which results in cleaner and fresher air. As a result, you don’t need to worry about any smell that comes from outside.
Prevents respiratory stress caused by allergies
For most, keeping a pet together with other allergies will put you at risk of getting dander in the sofas, beds and other places.
This will easily cause itchy, watery eyes, wheezing or sneezing. Asthmatic attacks and difficulty in breathing will follow immediately after breathing in some dander as well.
By using this machine, any smell or dander the pet leaves behind within your home gets removed as airflow continues. This will let you inhale cleaner air as you’re doing various house tasks or sleeping.
Eliminating of pollen particles that cause hay fever
Hay fever results in difficulty in breathing, coughing and even irritations. It is good to note that while your living area might be free from dust, mold can be growing in your bathroom’s damp corners.
These can cause illnesses like lung infection and lead to issues with your respiratory system later on.
Dust accumulated in your rooms is the best breeding ground for mites that cause allergies to the skin.
By getting an air purifier, you can considerably reduce the elements that cause diseases. In doing so, you will save on medical expenses not forgetting the uneasiness arising from getting unwell.
Do air purifiers work?
Simply put, yes, they do function properly in getting rid of dust, pet smells, contaminants, airborne particles, allergens and more pollutants from the air. This helps to provide you with cleaner and healthier air.
But in spite of how popular air purifiers are, questions still linger in people’s minds on their efficiency.
Responding to the question concerning an air purifier’s efficiency and effectiveness can help you choose whether to install it in your house or not.
To correctly respond to the question, you should note that the air in the house is nearly five times as contaminated as outdoor air.
There are many reasons behind this typically poor-quality air. But a few of the reasons include allergens coming from outside, mold spores, poor airing, bacteria and chemicals present in home cleaners.
The right air purifier will help in eliminating all the bad contaminants in the air. Many of these machines out there use two main functioning mechanisms. These include an Iconic generator and a HEPA filter.
What’s a HEPA filter air purifier?
HEPA gets rid of pollutants from the indoor air that you may not smell or see; however, these pollutants comes with hazardous health aftermath if you inhale them.
The risk behind tiny particles is that you can breathe them in straight into the bloodstream. This will let viruses and germs attack the internal organs of your body.
Unlike other models, HEPA filter air purifiers efficiently get rid of these hazardous particles from the air. This filter forces air via a fine mesh that picks up the particles.
The top filters out there come with multiple filters incorporated into one, or multiple filters. This will allow different types of filter systems to work in combination with one another to offer the best air quality possible.
You can find these filters in all efficient and top-quality air purifiers. HEPA types are good at promoting healthy breathing, minimizing airborne diseases and improving the quality of air. These items help to prevent and minimize asthma attacks and allergy symptoms.
Inhaling disease-causing micro-organisms, regardless of how small or large, can have adverse consequences on your health. Air purifiers with high-efficiency, top-quality air filters will help in controlling the allergies you have.
If you’re worried about the quality of air in your house, looking for an air purifier that is perfect for you is the first step towards promoting a clean indoor environment and health.
Not only do you have to think about a model to suit your lifestyle, but it should also be effective.
You should take into consideration the size of your room when choosing which kind of purifier to buy. The reason being, the right air purification depends on it.
Large living rooms and spaces will also gain from the tower air purifiers. While bigger, these machines function at quiet and low speeds so you and your loved ones can enjoy cleaner, fresher air with no noise disruption. With these types, you can improve air quality in your large rooms.
Bigger rooms, like family rooms and bedrooms, need medium sized air purifiers. For spaces in your house that are big, buying tower air purifiers is the best option.
Slim and tall in either white or black, these units will fit perfectly next to a bedside table or a sofa.
In addition, they are simple to move between the rooms in your house. They can also work well in the living room during the day and make the room comfortable when sleeping at night.
An air purifier will work to get rid of smells and minimize germs, remove allergens and dust. To maximize your air purifier in a limited space, a mini or desktop tower model will be the best option.
These designs are compact and so can be aesthetically appealing in small spaces like the walk-in closet, study or bathroom.
Fresco air purifiers
Fresco air purifiers work in the same way as Mother Nature, helping to minimize smells and purifying indoor air.
The Fresco models get rid of:
- Fungi, viruses, and bacteria
- Paint fumes and chemicals gases
- Smells from tobacco, cooking and pets
- Mildew and mold
Benefits of using portable home air purifiers
These air purifiers are the ideal way of making sure the quality air you breathe inside your house is healthy, clean and fresh with the added benefit of being able to move them where you want them to work.
- When a portable model stops working, it’s a lot simpler replacing this type compared to repairing or replacing an entire house air purifier. Portable models will help you prevent resale issues when the home inspector tells the potential home buyer that the entire home air purifier requires replacing or is broken down.
- Many portable home air purifiers have wheels or are usually fitted with wheels. These will help you position them with ease where you require them within your house to suit your needs. There is no risk of straining your back while lifting the air purifier.
- These purifiers come with another added benefit compared to the entire house models. The reason being, you can move with them if and when you choose to put your home up for sale. With these units, the fresh, clean air will go with you by just plugging in the purifiers when you reach your new home.
- They are usually lightweight and portable. Most can fit in a suitcase and take them with you on overnight visits, business trips or vacation in places with harmful or annoying contaminants, or smokers and pets.
- It is simple and fast to change the filter in a portable model. Most need very few filter changes, some as little as every five years. Entire house models generally need a technician to change the filters. These filters generally cost a lot of money than portable ones.
Maintenance guidelines of air purifiers
To make the most of your investment and reap the benefits, you should maintain the air purifier in the best possible state. Different models come with different needs for maintenance.
You must go through the maintenance manual first. In addition, remember to mark the essential dates of maintenance on your calendar to prevent overworking and neglecting them.
Here are some guidelines to help you get started:
Keep an eye on the filters
Monitor the filters to make sure that when replacement and cleaning time comes, you do it promptly. The reason for doing this is that clogged filters will reduce the lifespan of an air purifier. Indicator lights will help you know when filters need changing.
You should compare air purifiers before purchasing. You can do this with help from air purifiers reviews and ratings from product professionals and users like you.
Make sure the unit is “breathing”
To operate well, you should make sure the air purifier has adequate room on all sides for the easy intake of fresh air. Ensure that it is not covered with fabrics or anything else.
Maintaining cleanliness around the air purifier
Do not allow the buildup of dirt close to where the installation area. You’ll simply be offering the unit more needless work. So, deal with the dust and leave it to handle the more severe and invisible allergens.
Examine the panels and outer grills for dust
Once in a while, you should take your cleaner and vacuum these sections. Or else, any buildup of dust here can simply add to pollution and cause contamination and possible illnesses.
Clean up the washable pre-filters regularly
This can extend your interior filter’s life and help you make savings. You should wait for the filter to dry entirely before you fix it back.
Limitations of air purifiers
While these units will help in cleaning the air inside your house, they are often effective when you combine with a filter.
In addition, you should think about the purifier’s size. A bigger model is likely to be more effective if you want to have cleaner, fresher air for the whole house. Or else, you may require several portable or smaller units for every space.
In spite of the possible advantages of these systems, they will work better if you use them alongside other ways of creating cleaner air in the house.
Air purifiers also have their limitations. They do a good job of getting rid of particles in the air indoors. However, they will not help much once the particles get to your home’s surfaces.
It’s possible to help avoid hazardous particles from getting into the air inside your house by adhering to these rules:
- Consider getting non-toxic household cleaners, if you can. Should you use harsh chemicals, aerate your house by running fans and opening a window.
- Ensure your house is at the correct humidity levels; low humidity prevents the growth of mold and dust mites.
- In the event of severe allergies, you should replace carpeting with hardwood or vinyl flooring.
- Bath your furry friends regularly. If you are allergic to dander, keep pets away from your bed.
- Don’t smoke indoors.
- Use hot water to wash bedding once every week.
- Clean up fabric furniture, carpeting, rugs, curtains and other drapery regularly. At least, use a vacuum to sweep these areas once every week.
Before you buy an air purifier, you may think about carrying out a house air quality test initially to check if you require one.