If you are trying to justify the need to own one of the best electric grills in the market, especially if you already own other electric appliances that closely resemble grills such as electric griddles or electric skillets, start by analyzing what an electric grill has to offer first-hand.
These grills might look like other appliances and seem to have the similar functions, but they are unique in lots of different ways.
Electric gills are available in various styles and sizes to fit both your indoor and outdoor cookouts and kitchen needs.
The best electric grills can also simplify the features and functions offered by outdoor grills and with streamlined efficiency.
- 1 How to Select the Best Electric Grills
- 2 Reviews of the top electric grills today
- 3 Benefits of the Best Electric Grills
- 4 Buying Guide for the Best Indoor Electric Grills
- 5 Indoor Electric Table Top Grills
- 6 Selecting the Best Outdoor Electric Grills
- 7 Outdoor Electric Griddles
- 8 What to Consider when Purchasing Electric Smoker Grills
- 9 Reasons Why Electric Smoker Grills are the Best Option for you
- 10 Are Electric Grills as Good as Gas Grills?
How to Select the Best Electric Grills
There are two different kinds of the best electric grills to select from and lots of different designs of each within the groups.
There are some that you can only use either indoors and outdoors and other models that you can use both indoors and outdoors.
So, ensure you determine where you’ll be using the electric grill before purchase.
When looking for the best electric grill, you want to ensure the unit will last for years.
You should ensure the appliance is made with top quality materials with sturdy and strong construction.
Affordability is definitely a key concern but that does not mean you have to purchase the least or most costly model.
Regardless of which grill you choose to go with, ensure the electric grill has a manufacturer’s guarantee or some type of warranty.
This will ensure that any defects or damages which might take place during shipping or while in use within a specific period of time are repaired or the grill replaced depending on the terms.
You should read the electric grill reviews and look for a quality electric grill. It should be either highly recommended by trusted consumers or highly popular.
This article will start with a review of the best electric grills available in the market before going into a buying guide and factors to consider before purchasing various kinds of electric grills.
Reviews of the top electric grills today
- George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Silver, GGR50B
- George Tough Nonstick Coating - There's a lot to love about this nonstick coating; it's durable, easy to clean, and removes the need for butter and oil
- Indoor or Outdoor Removable Stand - Don't let the weather keep you from the glory of grilling; the easy-to-remove stand takes you from patio to countertop in no time
- Adjustable Temperature Control - The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on any kind of food
This product is a lot more flexible compared to many other electric models.
You can use the George Foreman Indoor Outdoor Grill either outdoors as a tabletop grill or a freestanding model with the integrated detachable stand.
Additionally, you can use it inside the house as a standard indoor grill on your countertop.
Also, this model features a sizeable cooking area, perfect if you’re holding large indoor grilling occasions. Its tough non-stick coating is often used to coat the 15-diameter cooking area of this grill to ensure durable nonstick functions.
- You can use this grill both indoors and outdoors
- The temperature control is easy to adjust
- The grilling surface is large
- It’s simple to assemble
- It is nonstick
- The sloping trays allow for grease diversion
- The cooking surface is large
- Great for both indoors and outdoors cooking
- Cooks different food simultaneously
- Cleaning is hard
- It takes time to cook thicker ingredients
- Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill with Removable Easy-to-Clean Nonstick Plate
- ENJOY OUTDOOR FLAVOR INDOORS. Grill your favorite foods year-round in any weather with this Hamilton Beach indoor grill. There's no need for a bulky, time-consuming outdoor grill that needs propane, charcoal or lighter fluid to heat up.
- LOCK IN JUICES AND FLAVOR — SEAR AT 450° F. The high searing heat of 450° F (232° C) locks in juices and flavors to provide perfect grilling results for everything you sear on this electric grill, from steak and burgers to pork chops and fish fillets.
- KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR FOOD: This indoor grill with hood comes with a convenient window in lid lets you watch food cook while keeping heat inside.
This unit features dishwasher-safe removable plates. The model comes with a drip tray that’s safe to wash in the dishwasher and allows for easy cleaning.
The Hamilton Beach 25361 Electric Indoor Searing Grill also features temperature regulators, which make cooking easier.
Also, the grill comes with a 118 square inches nonstick grilling surface that can serve about 8 people.
Moreover, the Hamilton Beach 25361 Electric Indoor Searing Grill features a lift handle to offer you convenience and it also comes with a window to help you see the meals inside.
In addition, you can get the best tastes in your food as the grill has a high-searing temperature that locks flavors and juices.
It also features a cover that will slide off easily, ensuring there’s no mess.
- Offers eight servings thanks to its 118 square-inch nonstick grilling surface
- You can adjust the temperature from 200 – 450 degrees
- Dishwasher safe incorporated hood and drip tray
- The grill’s lights show you when it reaches the preferred temperature
- The nonstick cooking plate is removable for an easy cleanup
- Dishwasher-safe removable parts and plates
- Sturdy stainless steel construction
- Features temperature settings for different foods
- Great distribution of heat
- Lid features a viewing window
- The grilling surface is wide and nonstick
- Exclusively for use indoors
- Casing parts are plastic
- Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler, GR-4N, Silver/Black Dials
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE: Cuisinart’s 5-1 griddler is a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle and half grill/half griddle
- EASY TO USE: The griddler plates (11-inch x 9-inch) are removable, reversible and are dishwasher safe nonstick cooking plates, the plates also act as a drain for the grease for cooking more healthy. The integrated drip tray collects grease and is easy to store
- ALSO INCLUDED: Red/green indicator lights for easy operation, dishwasher-safe scraping tool for easy clean up and an instruction manual with gourmet recipes for you to enjoy
This product works as a Panini press, full and half grill, contact grill and full and half griddle, making it a versatile cooking system.
The Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 has a robust stainless-steel frame, is long lasting, has a well-designed floating cover for adjusting food thickness and a sturdy handle for the Panini drill.
This Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddle also has adjustable temperature controls that have indicator lights. This will help you know precisely when the food is ready.
Its reversible and detachable nonstick cooking plates help drain the grease, which allows for healthy cooking. You should not worry about making a mess since this product comes with an incorporated drip tray.
Another amazing feature of the Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler is the reversible and detachable dishwasher nonstick cooking plates that make clean up easy.
This Cuisinart indoor grill is fast and will cook meals to perfection. You simply put some vegetables or meat on the grill and in a short time, you’ll have amazing food for your loved ones.
This grill is convenient as you can multi-task by preparing food in your kitchen while addressing other urgent issues.
This machine features a special way of food preparation to minimize the fat content. There’s a drip tray, which collects the fat and helps drain it away from the food.
When cooking with this grill, you are sure of consuming healthier meals. When you minimize the fat from your meals, you’ll increase the quality and taste.
Cleaning your kitchen after cooking can be a time-consuming exercise, but when cooking on the Cuisinart indoor grill, you will save time. Cleaning the grill will be a fast task with the grill’s non-stick surface.
It just needs a bit of water and dish washing soap; the drip tray is also dishwasher safe. Since your meals will not stick on the plates, you will save a lot of time and you’ll enjoy cooking because you won’t spend much time cleaning afterwards.
- Floating cover
- Dishwasher safe drip tray and plates
- Stainless steel is durable and elegant
- Scraping tool
- Indicator lights and adjustable heat controls
- Versatile cooking capabilities thanks to the design
- Up to five cooking options
- Saves space
- Parts are dishwasher safe
- Low consumption of power
- Cleaning is a breeze
- Promoting healthy cooking
- Requires cooking spray or butter so your food does not stick
- There’s no timer
- Separately sold waffle plates
- T-fal GC70 OptiGrill Electric Grill, Indoor Grill, Removable Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Plates, 4 Servings, Silver
- First electric indoor grill that cooks by adapting its grilling cycles to the thickness of the foods
- 6 automatic cooking programs for Burger, Poultry, Sandwich, Sausage, Red Meat and Fish; Cooking surface: 600 square centimeter
- Easy monitoring of the cooking process with its preheating / ready indicator lights and audible beeps for rare, medium, and well done
T-fal GC70 OptiGrill Electric Grill is ideal if you always want to have evenly cooked food. The grill has an automatic sensor cooking technology, which lets it identify the number of things on its surface. Because of that, this gill can automatically adjust its temperature to the thickness and amount of the food you are cooking.
With this unit, you can gain from directly being able to see the food as it cooks. The beep sound and indicator will inform you about the process of cooking.
T-fal GC70 OptiGrill Electric Grill has six cooking programs to let you cook pork, poultry, red meat and sandwiches, sausages, fish and burgers perfectly.
There are also two cooking modes; one is a manual mode for enhancing cooking versatility while the other works with frozen meals.
This product is created with die-cast aluminum, which makes it lightweight and durable. It has detachable non-stick plates, which make cleaning up a walkover. Additionally, the tray is dishwasher safe and it helps trap oils and grease to make the cleanup work easy.
- Ideal for four servings
- Dishwasher safe
- Detachable nonstick plates
- Has a light indicator to show when the food is ready
- The 1,800 grilling power allows for fast cooking
- Removable plates, which you can easily wash in the dishwasher
- Flexible temperature-settings for different meals
- Not ideal for a large family
- Cannot handle butter for pancakes and waffles or raw eggs
- Often overcooks whatever it grills
- Weber 55020001 Q 2400 Electric Grill
- 1560-watt electric heating element to heat 280 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- .Dimensions (Inches) Lid Open : ( H x W x D) - 26 x 31.5 x 25.1(Inches); :Dimensions - Lid Closed (inches) 14.5 H x 31.5 W x 19.5 D
This electric grill is rated as the most excellent grill available. The grill’s construction and quality are outstanding. There’s enough space together with a reliable heating element. This grill is a bit costly but it is worth the investment.
This Weber 55020001 Q 2400 Electric Grill is an outdoor unit, which is ideal for small living spaces. It is small enough, making it simple to transport. Cleaning is easy thanks to the detachable plates. It will heat up fast and cook at a constant temperature.
- Has a detachable catch pan for meat juices
- Comes with a big grip handle and an infinite control burner valve
- Cooking surface of 280 square inches
- Features a 6-foot grounded cord
- Cast aluminum body and lid and porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates
- Electric heating element with 1560 watts
- Amazing heat retention features
- Portable and enough for 5 to 6 servings
- Guarantee of quality food
- Assembling takes less than five minutes
- It’s easy to clean with detachable catch pan
- Functions with a standard household outlet
- Adequate six-foot cord
- Very versatile and portable
- Not ideal for indoor use
- Has no attachable stand
- It lacks an inbuilt thermometer
- Weber 55020001 Q 1400 Electric Grill
- 1560-watt electric heating element to heat 189 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- Fully assembled out of box
With the Weber Q 1400 Electric Grill, you will have tastier and juicier barbecued meat and fish. This is a state-of-the-art grill and it will make the best barbecues easily in your yard or patio.
This grill is specially made to simplify grilling and make it a fun experience. It will be easy to grill barbecues for your loved ones and you can do the same for huge parties as well.
This grill is electric and user-friendly. Switching it on requires only one press and its automatic grill is usually created using stainless steel materials. You can easily use this grill outdoors in the porch thanks to the extension cords.
It is easy to operate; you will find press buttons that you can use for starting the heat and controlling it together with on and off choices.
You can use the Weber electric grill for backyard or outside cooking. It will conveniently get rid of all the inconvenience associated with outside barbecue grilling.
The Weber Q 1400 grill is able to reach up to 500 degrees while providing the best sear marks on meat.
Because of this grill’s compact size, users also find it simpler to carry it during tours. You can place it on its legs or two wheels to function as a tool or use it as a tabletop grill.
Weber Q 1400 Electric Grill is the ideal grill for the areas where use of gas or charcoal is outlawed.
Busy people like this electric grill more since it provides quick cooking with the easy adjustment of heat. Furthermore, it’s simpler to clean up as well.
Likewise, the cords will let you place it anywhere in the kitchen. The Weber Q 1400 is available in a completely assembled form. This allows users to start cooking immediately after it’s delivered thus saving on time spent on assembling.
The Weber Q 1400 differs from the Weber Q 2400 mainly because the Weber Q 2400 has a larger cooking surface and its dimensions are bigger, thus not as compact as the Weber Q 1400.
- Reasonably long extension cord of 6 foot
- Porcelain cooking grates
- Made of aluminium and also has an aluminium cover
- 189 square inch cooking area
- User friendly
- Relatively long cords allow for flexible placement
- Easily portable due to compact size
- Not ideal for cooking large meals due to its compact size. Consider Weber Q 2400 for large meals.
Weber Q 1400 versus Weber Q 2400
A detailed review of the Weber Q 1400 and the Weber Q 2400 listing the features and pros and cons of each has been detailed above.
The Weber Q 1400 differs from the Weber Q 2400 mainly because the Weber Q 2400 has a larger cooking surface and its dimensions are bigger, thus not as compact as the Weber Q 1400.
The Weber Q 2400 is more suitable for cooking larger meals and is preferred where you often cook meals for a large family or larger gatherings. If you are looking for a grill to suit smaller groups of people, the Weber Q 1400 will get the job done.
- Hot Shot Indoor Electric Smokeless Grill – Indoor/Outdoor Use | Electric, Compact & Portable Grilling | Grill Grate and Griddle Plate – Removable
- Smokeless Indoor Grilling & Searing – Enjoy grilled steaks, ribs, pork barbecue, and burgers all year-round, this electric smokeless grill creates your outdoor BBQ recipes with the same taste, flavor & authentic char-grilled texture and grill marks – right on your kitchen countertop. Effortlessly! Grill on our family size, XL grill surface with virtually no smoke and less mess.
- non-stick grill grates .Doubles as a professional Panini press. Want authentic grill marks? Use the grill plate for traditional barbecue grilling on ribs, steaks, veggies & more. You can even grill fruit!
- Compact and Portable Grill Design – Easy to plug in and use in your kitchen, a picnic area while camping, or even your own backyard, simply hook it up to a power source and start grilling up your favorite foods without worrying about smoke.
This Hot Shot Indoor Electric Smokeless Grill makes it possible to enjoy some pork barbecue and grilled steak all year-round.
The unit is entirely smokeless and the best thing is that you can use it both outside and inside too. Though it is a little costly, it is worth the investment.
This electric grill has a flat griddle plate as well as a nonstick grill grate. The cooking area is created with restaurant-grade surfaces, making it ideal for eggs, pancakes, and other meals. You’ll also love its compact size, allowing you to carry it anywhere you want.
- Very large grill surface of 13.75 inches x 8 inches
- Nonstick griddle plate and grates
- Portable due to its compact size
- Dual cooking surfaces that are restaurant-grade and nonstick for an amazing grilling experience
- Free of mess and smart drip tray where it traps excess oils and fat for an easy cleanup
- Adjustable and even distribution of heat because it has a 1200 watts motor for improving the cooking efficiency
- Portable and compact grill design, making it ideal for use both outside and inside
- Meats don’t emerge very well
Benefits of the Best Electric Grills
- Limited Restrictions
If you’re to rent a condo or apartment, there’s a high likelihood you will not be permitted to use a propane grill.
In addition, you won’t be able to use it in the backyard deck due to the risk of flames. An electric grill will bypass these limitations.
You do not need to worry about the threat of fire because you will not be using hazardous gases, making electric grills much safer choices.
- No Fumes
This is one of the huge benefits of using the best electric grills; no worrying about hazardous fumes.
When cooking using a propane grill, you always worry about fumes, which can be hazardous, especially when emitted inside the house.
The best electric grills remove the worry about fumes.
It will only heat your grill’s surface and cook your meals, which makes it a perfect solution if you want to grill inside the house.
- Save Money
Use of natural gas for heating or cooking can be costly.
You’ll either need to connect to a gas line or regularly change your gas cylinder.
And if you grill regularly, the price of natural gas will add up significantly.
Alternatively, if you’re using the best electric grills you are likely to spend considerably less money; no need to connect to a gas line or keep exchanging gas tanks.
Convenience is another essential benefit of the best electric grills. They are often compact and occupy limited space in the cooking area. You can move them around easily. On the other hand, a traditional grill can occupy lots of patio space.
Ease of maintenance is another thing you should consider. The best electric grills are very simple to clean. You’ll not have to experience the issues that you get in cleaning up traditional grills. With the electric models, you can use the dishwasher for cleaning the removable parts.
Buying Guide for the Best Indoor Electric Grills
When you’re choosing an indoor electric grill, there are specific essential benefits and features you need take into consideration.
You should keep in mind that not all grills work similarly. So you should consider certain features that attend to your specific needs. Here are some essential features you need to think about:
The ability to offer great flavor to the meals is an essential factor to consider when purchasing an indoor electric grill. It should give the food a flavor like that of a standard grill. Additionally, it has to sear the meat properly and create grill marks that will enhance its flavor.
- Temperature Control
Temperature is important when it comes to cooking. A standard electric grill needs to be powerful enough for cooking meat using low temperatures as well as high temperatures. The temperature should be sufficient to brown or sear your meat.
- Cooking Space
Most indoor electric grills don’t have a big cooking area. Nevertheless, you can get the size that is an ideal fit depending on the number of people you’re planning to cook for. A few models even let you cook different meals at the same time.
- Cleaning Process
You should find an indoor electric grill that is easy to clean. There are a few models that provide nonstick surfaces. These surfaces prevent stains and spills that are difficult to clean from getting stuck on the grill.
- Power Switch
This is one of the most essential features you should consider in an indoor electric grill. Your grill needs to have a power switch rather than or in addition to a direct-to-wall plug. Any brand that doesn’t have this feature will have a risk of encountering fire.
- Detachable Grilling Plates
The advantage of this is that it will make cleaning much easier. This is essential if you are planning to cook raw meat.
A double cooking surface grill provides the advantage of letting the food cook without necessarily having to turn. This means your food gets sandwiched together.
This will help lock in the tastes and natural juices of your meals for a fuller flavor. It will also offer high nutritional content since it cooks your meals between two heated even plate surfaces that reduce cooking time.
If you love having barbecues outdoors like at parks or beaches, then a portable electric grill is an amazing investment. While you might be limited when it comes to cooking space, you can take the grill with you to any place.
Possibly the clearest reason for getting a portable electric grill is because you can store it in the car easily or can bring it with you anywhere you go.
This is very helpful since you aren’t limited to using it in only one area compared to a much bigger grill.
The good thing is that buying portable electric grills is that they are easy to assemble and you can begin to grill in no time.
Another advantage is that the grill is also easy to clean up and some even have detachable parts, which you can clean in a dishwasher.
This means you can spend a lot of quality time with your loved ones rather than many hours cleaning the mess.
Actually, this advantage alone is enough reason to buy a portable electric grill.
Wondering why a portable electric grill is the best option when it comes to health than either a charcoal or gas grill?
To start with, there’s no flammable liquid or open fires to deal with.
This makes the grill safer to work with and offers less of a fire risk in case the unit tips over.
Most portable models can shut off should they tip over hence preventing possible fire outbreaks.
Secondly, it’s thought that burned meat has more cancer-causing agents than meat that isn’t burned.
Because an electric grill offers heat evenly and no open fire when juices drip, there’s less likelihood of fire or hot flames.
This is the reason behind most charring during the process of grilling.
Are you fed up with having to ignite the fire and your loved ones getting annoyed by the smoke? You need to consider an electric barbeque grill.
It is smokeless, safer and will do the job like big grills.
An electric barbeque grill is available in different types, and you can buy many of them at an affordable price. This grill usually has additional features.
You can get these grills with food preparation islands, stainless steel models, rotisseries, fold-down side shelves, dual and single controls, closed bases and door windows amongst other features.
Some even have extra electric burners for preparing those delicious side meals.
Indoor Electric Table Top Grills
Are you considering buying an indoor electric tabletop grill?
If so, you aren’t alone. Electric indoor tabletop grills are some of the most sought-after grills, particularly for cooking meat and especially for the single people.
If you reside in an apartment or condo, and you would like to grill, purchasing one of these best table top electric grills is the best option especially because of space constraints.
You can get many amazing models out there that offer amazing features.
The best outdoor electric grills that fit on a tabletop or countertop are safe to use both indoors and outdoors.
They will provide you with the choice of grilling year-round.
There are a couple of different indoor grilling options.
Nowadays, the heating elements, colors and even styles will vary significantly though many indoor electric tabletop grill models perform the same functions; they will offer clean cooking and ensure the food is cooked thoroughly and efficiently while melting and draining away most of the fat.
When looking for an indoor electric tabletop grill, be on the lookout for features that help you in cleaning.
You should also ensure the model you pick is smoke-free if you plan on cooking on the stovetop or tabletop.
Some units might have a little smoke, which can make them more suitable for an outdoor or tailgate party.
Many of us know the Weber electric grill, which is one of the most preferred. This grill is mostly used indoors.
Selecting the Best Outdoor Electric Grills
- Temperature Control
The best outdoor electric grills will attain high temperatures. They can help in cooking a wide variety of foods and meat thoroughly.
Most consumers believe that electric grills are less effective, given that they’re not capable of attaining favorable sizzling temperatures.
Luckily, you can get brands that heat up very fast.
You should look into the minimum and maximum temperatures of the best outdoor electric cooking grills before buying.
In addition, make sure that you look at your grill’s wattage since it will impact the minimum and maximum temperatures.
- Nonstick Surface
The best outdoor electric grills are popular due to the convenience they offer consumers.
Getting to use your grill at any time is ideal and you would like the convenience to extend to the whole process of grilling.
The best outdoor grills are easy to clean due to the use of nonstick materials as compared to the regular porcelain countertops used in other grills.
They can also help in creating a nice grilling experience.
Your budget can affect your choice of the best outdoor electric cooking grill to purchase.
There’s a wide range of prices and you can get a grill at any price. Keep in mind that you will get what you pay for.
So, consider spending more for a high-quality grill.
- Cooking Area
The surface area offered by the best outdoor electric cooking grill plays an important role in determining if a grill will suit your needs.
If you host large groups and have large barbecues, you need a model that offers a big surface area to help you cook meals for large groups.
If your grilling is often limited to small crowds, you can get smaller grills that save on space as well. This is essential for those with smaller apartments or houses.
If you don’t have a timer, it is a useful tool to have on your preferred grill. Some of the best outdoor electric grills come with this feature.
Though it’s not an essential feature, it’s something worth considering because it can make your grilling results more predictable.
Outdoor Electric Griddles
If you love to party outside, an outdoor electric griddle is the best option.
This appliance will offer a lot of benefits for the surrounding environment and also for your well-being.
It is healthy since there are oil cups that make sure oils get removed from the food and thus making sure you have healthier food.
The griddle is eco-friendly since it does not emit smoke.
Whether you are a professional chef or a beginner, owning the right electric griddle cooker helps to improve your cooking.
You can find a myriad of choices in the market that make choosing very difficult.
Some brands permit outstanding temperature control while others do not.
The different brands will often vary in price, thickness, size, weight and shape.
Try not to compromise the quality of the outdoor electric griddle due to the cost.
These griddles can cook just about anything. They make pancakes, pasta, eggs, sausages and more.
There are simply lots of reasons to buy an electric griddle cooker.
What to Consider when Purchasing Electric Smoker Grills
- Storage and Portability
To make sure your smoker will last longer and doesn’t break down regularly, you should make an area for it in your home.
You should cover the space and ensure it is safe from wind and rain.
If you don’t have an option for such an area, get an electric smoker that has wheels for easy movement and storage.
The importance of portability of the grill will depend on your individual circumstances.
If you will need to be moving the smoker from storeroom to cooking area and back regularly, it is best to consider portable electric smokers with a sturdy handle and wheels.
In case you have a permanent area for your smoker, the issue of portability is less essential.
This is another important consideration as you’ll have to balance your favorite features against your budget.
In addition, you should make sure the electric smoker grills you are budgeting for not only have the preferred features but also have high-quality construction.
They should be durable since the cost of upkeep will affect your budget.
Look for the features most essential to you in the electric smoker grills.
This will range from ease of cleaning, wheels, Radio Frequency (RF) remote, an internal temperature probe, kinds of cooking trays, digital temperature control, glass screen or window amongst others.
Make a list of features you plan to use the most and then have a look at the products and brands that offer those features.
- Capacity and Size
This is one of the most essential considerations when looking for electric smoker grills.
What is the quantity of food you are planning to smoke at any one time?
If you plan smoking occasionally or in small quantities, then you do not require a big smoker.
If you will use it for a couple of occasional guests or for your loved ones only, you should choose one that is not too big.
A big grill will be costly and consume a lot of electricity as well.
Alternatively, if you have a small grill and many guests coming over regularly, the smoker cannot offer consistently well-cooked meals and can handle smaller batches only.
If you want to grill bigger quantities of meals that need more time to smoke, you will value the space offered by larger models.
Like most appliances these days, you will find models with an array of control choices, from digital controls to simple buttons and dials.
Go for the controls that best work for you in terms of ease of use and understanding and the durability of the controls.
If the controls come in the form of knobs, ensure that these will last and will not require constant replacement.
Reasons Why Electric Smoker Grills are the Best Option for you
- Easy Maintenance
When you’re using this grill, you can forget about charcoal or wood, meaning there’s no mess.
You do not have to clean up charcoal leftovers; however, an electric smoker grill does come with a wood chip tray.
Therefore, when you’re done smoking, simply remove the tray and throw away the wood chips.
The interior of the electric smoker grill is simple to maintain.
This is because many of them are often created with easily cleaned materials such as stainless steel.
In addition, all smoking trays and racks inside the grill are detachable for easy cleaning in the dishwasher.
- No Handling of Fire
There’s no possibility of getting burned when you’re working with an electric smoker since you are not handling fire.
Also, since there’s no open fire with electric smoker grills like there’s with the gas or charcoal smokers, you can leave the grill unattended for brief periods without risk.
- No Experience Needed
The ability to set the smoking time and easy control of temperature makes this grill ideal for novices.
A recipe is all you require for the best-smoked food in this grill.
It does not matter if it’s the first time you are making that kind of meal or your first time working with the electric smoker grills.
- Smoke a Variety of Foods
The source of power in this grill is the heating element.
This makes it simpler to control the smoking time and temperature of your food.
This means it’s simple to prepare any kind of food in electric smoker grills than in gas or charcoal smoker where it’s not easy to control the temperature.
- No need to Supervise
Another reason why electric smoker grills are a better choice is that you do not need to focus on the fire similar to gas or charcoal smokers.
You also do not need to worry about whether there be adequate fuel since you’re using your home’s electricity for the grill.
The smoker will set the time and temperature.
Are Electric Grills as Good as Gas Grills?
These models come with different temperature settings such as low, medium and high.
These electric grills will produce high radiant heat and then power off.
If the grill’s temperature reduces, the heat coils get re-energized.
You can use the timer to adjust the heating.
These grills are not ideal for cooking searing meals since they can’t hold in the extreme heat for a longer time.
The gas and electric grills are available in an array of prices. You’ll find a wide array of gas grills when compared to electric models.
The gas models will be inexpensive when compared to the electric ones, though you have to factor in the cost of gas.
If you want a small model, then electric types are the best choice.
The gas models feature control knobs that have degree setting. The heat in a gas grill can be controlled at a consistent temperature.
It’s quite hard to maintain the gas models at a low temperature for a long time.
You cannot immerse an electric grill in water. First, you need to unplug the cord from the mains before cleaning it.
An electric grill’s wire and the casing need checking from time to time. The grill requires very little upkeep and is simple to store.
All you have to do is unplug the cord and keep it in your preferred place.
You can remove the gas grill graters, grease trays and heating plates easily.
Therefore, you can wash them thoroughly in hot water after each usage.
Additionally, you should regularly inspect the grills, gas connections and the ignitions and replace all worn out parts.
You should also seal the gas jet well when you’re storing this unit.
The gas and electric grills are available in a range of sizes.
An electric model is available in small sizes and it is easy to place on tabletops or countertops.
You can find big electric grills that you can use in your backyard space such as pool areas or patios.
These electric grills can prepare food for 12 – 15 people.
The gas models are usually big in size. They are mainly used inside the house due to the need to connect to a gas cylinder or pipe.